Royal Mail 2nd/48 hr Tracked UK delivery
Unflavoured marine collagen powder that supports ligaments, tendons, and joints to help prevent soft tissue injury and to aid recovery. It’s easy to mix with any drink making it the perfect collagen for runners!
Directions: Easy to use. Mix with 250ml of hot or cold liquid, like coffee or smoothies. Take 1 x 5g serving twice a day (5g = 2 teaspoons). Each metal tin contains 20 servings x 5g = 100g
- 100% premium marine type 1 collagen peptides from white fish. Gluten free. Nothing else.
- Easy-to-digest clean ingredient. No artificial ingredients, gums, fillers, added sugar or GMOs.
- Run Easy is highly bioavailable with a molecular weight below 2000 Dalton, reaching the blood stream within an hour of taking it.
- Collagen production in our bodies declines from 25 years old. Marine collagen replenishes our declining collagen, supporting ligaments, tendons, joints, bones and muscles as well as skin, nails and hair.
- Mix with water/squash/fruit juice and leave for a couple of minutes to reduce the collagen taste. Can also be mixed with coffee and smoothies.
- Plastic-free packaging – Packed into metal tins which is easy to recycle again and again.
Marine Collagen Peptides Powder (unflavoured)
INGREDIENTS: 100% Type 1 Fish Collagen Peptides
ALLERGEN ADVICE: Contains fish
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please consume as part of a varied and balanced diet. Do not exceed stated dose. Not recommended for children.
Why you should take Run Easy
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. It’s found in our tendons, ligaments, skin, muscles, bones, joints and blood vessels and is used to provide overall structural integrity.
From about 20 years old, our bodies start to lose collagen. In the past, we made up for this shortfall by consuming collagen as part of our diet. However, as the food we eat has changed, the amount of collagen in our diets has declined. For anyone running, cycling, swimming or taking part in other endurance activities, the effects of this can be found in aching joints. This isn’t a recipe for easy running – and this is why we have created Run Easy. It is a clean source of marine collagen, easy-to-digest with a low impact on the environment.
Taken daily, Run Easy will help support your muscles, joints and bones as well as reduce wrinkles in the skin and strengthen hair and nails.
Run Easy marine collagen peptides unflavoured
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per 5g serve|
|Energy||1530kJ 360kcal||76kJ 18kcal|
|-of which saturates (g)||0||0|
|-of which sugars (g)||0||0|
|Aspartic acid (mg)||5300||265|
|Glutamic acid (mg)||9500||475|
What ingredients are used in Run Easy?
We made the active decision to use only one ingredient in Run Easy – premium marine collagen. There are no added flavours, artificial additives, added sugar gums or fillers. This makes it easier to digest (more ingredients make it harder to digest). Endurance athletes need something that works and this means using a single, high quaity ingredient.
Our marine collagen is made from the skin of farmed white fish – Tilapia or Basa (Pangasius) fish species. They are both freshwater white fish, first from Asia now farmed all around the world. By using the skin, which is normally discarded, this means more of the fish is being consumed with less going to waste (reducing our environmental footprint).
The collagen is formed through a process using heat, pressure and an enzymatic process. This takes place in Europe. It is then tested for heavy metals and other toxins. We then pack it in the UK.
Why do you use marine collagen peptides?
We use marine collagen because:
- It is more bioavailable than other sources of collagen and easier to digest; and
- It has a lower impact on the environment.
Smaller particles found in Run Easy make a big difference when it comes to getting all the benefits from your collagen supplement. Fish collagen is absorbed up to 1.5 times faster into your body. This means that marine collagen has superior bioavailability over beef or porcine collagen.
Farming cattle and pigs has a significant impact on the environment as they require large amounts of land and are relatively slow growing. Fish require significantly less land and are faster growing reducing their impact on the environment.
What is collagen?
Collagen is the body’s most abundant and structurally important protein. This elastic protein holds your body together by anchoring cells to one another. Anything that has elastic tissue has collagen. It is structurally vital for bones, cartilage, connective tissue, skin, and intestines. Replacing it, helps this elastic tissue repair and rebuild.
Our diets used to contain a lot more collagen. Animal bones and cartilage are abundant sources so adding bone broth or eating meat on the bone to your diet will help. Other sources of collagen are hooves, skin, and fish heads. As these have declined from most Western diets, collagen supplements have become more popular.
There are three common sources of collagen
- Bovine: from cows
- Porcine: from pigs
- Marine: from fish
You can also get collagen supplements from chicken and eggs, and from genetically modified yeast and bacteria. Collagen is not found in plants.
Many endurance athletes combine their protein shake with collagen supplements to round out their amino acid profile.
What do the different collagen types refer to?
There are about 28 “types” of collagen that can be found in the human body but three types—Type I, Type II, and Type III—comprise about 90% of all collagen in the body.
The source of the collagen leads to the ‘type’ classification, for example:
- Skin contains Type I and Type III
- Tendon contains only Type I
- Cartilage contains Type II
The type of collagen doesn’t limit its effectiveness to a specific area of the body, as the body will decide what needs repairing.
What's the difference between collagen peptides and hydrolysed collagen?
Collagen peptides and hydrolysed collagen describe the same process and can be used interchangeably.
Hydrolysed marine collagen allows humans to better digest the collagen. “Hydrolyse” comes from two Greek words: hydro (water) + lysis (break apart). To hydrolyse the fish skin means that water breaks apart the scales into smaller particles, so that the collagen peptides (what’s left over from the hydrolysation process) are easier for us to digest.
Will coffee or tea destroy the collagen in Run Easy?
No. Run Easy is safe to mix with coffee or tea and will not change the nutritional benefits.
Tea and coffee are made with boiled water at less than 100°C while marine collagen starts to denature and breakdown at 150°C. If you are using it in cooking, e.g. soup you should add it at the end of the cooking to ensure your dish is below 150°C.
Do I need to take Run Easy with Vitamin C?
No, you do not need to take collagen and Vitamin C together.
Vitamin C can help your body produce its own collagen proteins. There are plenty of Vitamin C sources in our everyday diet and so as long as you are consuming Run Easy as part of a balanced diet, there is no need to take Vitamin C at the same time.
Is the packaging recyclable?
Our packaging is plastic-free and easy to recycle.
More packaging is becoming plastic free but very little of it can easily be recycled. Often you must send it to specialist recycling centers which leads to a low recycling rate and increased CO2 emissions.
By using metal packaging, we use a material that is easy to recycle at the curbside. It is estimated that 96% of all metal is recycled.
Tell me more about the ingredients
- Just one premium ingredient is used in Run Easy – marine collagen peptides powder.
- Our fish collagen peptides comes from the skin and scales of farmed fish species Tilapia and Basa (Pangasius). They are both freshwater white fish, first from Asia now farmed all around the world.
- This single ingredient approach improves digestion, increases the amount of collagen per serving while providing value for money.
- The fish skin and scales are processed in Europe to exacting food standards. Every batch is heavy metal and toxin tested.
- It is then packed by us in the UK into our unique metal tins.
- Free from gluten, dairy, GMOs and artificial ingredients.
How will this help me reach my PB’s?
- Injury is a key reason why runners, cyclists, triathletes, swimmers, crossfitters and anyone who undertakes an active lifestyle pull out of completing an event.
- Marine collagen has a specific amino acid profile that the body can use to repair and rebuild the connective tissue in our joints, bones, and muscles.
- The small peptides of Run Easy marine collagen reach the blood stream and are then transported to where the body needs them.
- Taken consistently, Run Easy can help maintain healthy connective tissue and is a useful aid for injury prevention.
- Collagen is also known to accelerate muscle recovery and reduce muscle soreness.
- Marine collagen is good for gut health as it can aid digestion, repair the gut lining, help heal a leaky gut and improve IBS.
- Run Easy also has three specific beauty benefits: reduced skin wrinkles, improved skin hydration and improved hair strength.
Taste and tips
- Run Easy is a water-soluble powder that can be added to your favourite liquid and drunk, or mixed into food and eaten.
- The common ways that it is consumed are:
- Mixed into a glass of water/squash or fruit juice
- Stirred into a hot drink like coffee or tea until dissolved
- Blended into a shake
- Added to porridge
- Tips for consuming collagen:
- Mixing into very cold liquid will slow the dissolving and dispersal process. If you want to do this, it’s best to use a blender.
- There is no health benefit of consuming Vitamin C at the same time as collagen. Just ensure you have Vitamin C (found in fresh fruit and vegetables) as part of your daily diet.
- Run Easy will not be affected by temperatures up to 150°C so it’s fine to use in hot drinks. When cooking, just add towards the end.
Low impact on the planet
- Fish are farmed for food and the skins are a by-product. By processing the skins into collagen peptides, more of the fish is used, creating a more efficient use of resources and less waste.
- Our label is made from PP (Recycle symbol 5) and is recyclable in most UK council areas
- Run Easy packaging is plastic-free as we use a metal tin. Metal can be recycled forever.
- Metal provides an excellent barrier against air, allowing the collagen to last longer which reduces food waste.