Royal Mail tracked 48 hr UK delivery
Save the planet, buy 1 tub and save 1m² of threatened habitat
- Up to 90% of distance runners complain about gastrointestinal (GI) distress related to exercise.
- This prevents them from taking onboard the right nutrition to support their performance.
- Most energy gels are full of lab-made ingredients which often cause digestion issues in endurance athletes.
- Our solution: Maple Ignite natural energy gel. Made from just two ingredients.
- Tasty, light Canadian maple syrup and sea salt with no artificial ingredients. Vegan and gluten free.
- Our natural ingredients are easy for your body to digest.
- Nutritionally-balanced to provide an energy boost with 24g carbs whilst replenishing your electrolytes.
- Sustainable and renewable. Our maple syrup comes from Canadian maple trees which produce for over 200yrs.
Directions: Easy to use. Rip the top off and drink. Will restock energy stores whilst exercising. Bin packaging at the end of the race.
Maple Syrup and Sea Salt Energy Gel
INGREDIENTS: Grade A Canandian Maple Syrup (99.1%) and Sea Salt (0.9%)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Store in a cool dry place. Please consume as part of a varied and balanced diet. Keep hydrated. Not recommended for children.
Why you should take Maple Ignite natural energy gel
Each serving has 24g carbohydrates from a natural blend of glucose and fructose, providing an energy boost without the threat of GI distress.
The natural ingredients used in Maple Ignite have two massive advantages: 1) they have a superior nutritional profile as they contain all the micronutrients that are not present in chemical based gels 2) they are easier to digest.
Maple Ignite tastes just like maple syrup so if that is something you enjoy this is the perfect energy gel.
Maple Ignite natural energy gel
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per 36g serve|
|Energy||1130kJ 270kcal||406kJ 97kcal|
|-of which saturates (g)||0||0|
|-of which sugars (g)||66||23.8|
Will Maple Ignite cause a sugar crash?
Maple syrup is predominately sucrose, providing balanced energy as it’s made up of one molecule of glucose and one molecule of fructose joined together.
The sugars in maple syrup begin to break down and deliver glucose the moment it enters your bloodstream. And because it has a lower glycaemic index than other sugars, it continues to break down over a longer stretch of time to keep you fuelled for longer without the threat of GI distress.
Tell me more about the ingredients
- Our premium maple syrup comes from Quebec, Canada
- The sap from the sugar maple trees Acer saccharum are harvested for 6 weeks during Spring
- We only use the sap from the first couple of days of the season
- This means it is lighter in colour and taste vs standard syrup
- The sap is transferred to the Sugar Shack
- Here it’s transformed into maple syrup through heat and pressure
- Our sea salt is evaporated from sea water
- These ingredients are shipped to the UK where we carefully blend them together to make Maple Ignite natural energy gels!
- Free from gluten, dairy, GMOs and artificial ingredients.
How will Maple Ignite help me reach my PB’s?
- 24g of fast and slow acting carbohydrate sucrose, with organic acids, phenolic compounds, flavonoids and minerals
- It has a GI of 54 considered a moderate/low GI food
- Zinc to support your immune system
- Manganese to help your muscles absorb carbohydrates
- Potassium to help avoid cramp
- Calcium to strengthen your bones
- 110mg of sodium to replenish salt lost through sweating
- 100% gluten free and vegan!
Taste and tips
- Sweet, delicate maple syrup taste. If you like maple syrup you will like this
- Light, golden colour. This is a specific type of maple syrup different to the maple syrup typically used with pancakes
- Slightly thicker than water texture making it easy to swallow whilst running
- Smooth and not gritty
- Easy to digest. Natural ingredients are considered easier to digest compared to chemical ingredients reducing the chance of GI issues
- 3 or 4 tubes an hour of running, cycling or general exercise will provide a good source of carbohydrates to restock your glycogen stores
- Each maple sugar tree is expected to produce sap for over 200 years!
- Maple syrup supports a forest of native maple sugar trees in Canada which might otherwise be chopped down
- For each gallon of maple syrup, 100lbs of carbon is absorbed
- We are helping to reduce litter with a clever tag to keep the top and bottom of the packaging together
- Sea salt is a sustainable source of salt
- Our ingredients are 100% vegan
- Read our blog to find out more